Connect!

Follow

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Beet Hummus



 

I have been spending quite a bit of time in the kitchen in this season of life as I further embrace gluten free dairy free living.  But this also means that I have been spending quite a bit of time on Pinterest and Yummly looking for recipes that remind me of living real and whole.  I have spent quite a bit of time perusing various Beet Hummus Recipes over the last few weeks.  Today, I cultivated my own. 

The ingredients:
3-4 Beets
2 Tablespoon. Tahini Sauce
2 cups Garbanzo Beans
3-4  fresh rosemary leaves
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp. of Sea Salt
1 Lemon

The Process
1. Peel beets and chop them into medium size cubes. Place beets in a medium sized sauce pan and fill with water until it just covers the surface of the beats. Let beets cook in the sauce pan at a medium heat until you can pierce the surface of the beets with a fork.

2. Place cubed beets, tahini sauce, garbanzo beans, fresh rosemary leaves, garlic cloves, sea salt and fresh squeezed lemon inside the food processor

3. Serve with carrots, celery, bread (I recommend Udi's Gluten Free ), corn tortilla chips

No comments: