Connect!

Follow

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Same Love


Some good friends of Luke and I got married last week in Des Moines, IA.  Laura (Lu) is an old co-worker of Luke's and a family friend.  She and her wife, who is coincidently, also named Laura, took the plunge and got married in Des Moines, IA last week.  Luke and I were honored to be able to celebrate their union and commitment to each other today at Tower Grove Park.  The whole experience was beautiful.  As a parent I am glad that Shyla and Asher are growing up in a culture that openly accepts same sex marriage.  Today was one of those parenting experiences where I was extremely grateful for the diverse community of friends Luke and I are raising our family in.  We couldn't be happier for Laura and Laura.




The infamous Laura aka "Lu"
Our friend LT's amazing humming bird tattoo.
A photo of my outfit from the wedding with the camera lens looking down down.  I love 1970's styled dresses.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding! I love that fabric strip garland...I'm dying to make one of those. That little girl eating the cupcake is just adorable!
Karen
Karen's Soiree