Connect!

Follow

Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Neighborhood Remix

Last night I had the opportunity to walk around my neighborhood and observe the amazing businesses and people that help keep my neighborhood creative, innovative, and healthy.  After traveling back and forth from St. Louis and other parts of the state the last few weeks, I really appreciate a sense of home tonight.

So I remixed some maps of my neighborhood with some of the vibrant colors that represent creative and artistic nature of this space that Luke and I call home.


And to add to my love for my sense of home, I leave you with Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero's Tiny Desk Series and their song "Home."  It perfectly describes how it feels to feel at home.  Today I feel at home in my marriage, in my relationships with my best friends, my children, and my church. Home truly is where the heart is.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was born and raised in St. Louis and still have family there. I love your art/maps images and have some of the feelings about them as you do. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I am moved by your art/maps. I have always loved maps and your images make them come alive. St. Louis is a familiar place for me and your blog transports me there. Thank you for sharing!