Friday, February 1, 2013
Self Portaits January 25-Feb. 1: Liebster Awards Pt. 1
One thing I have absolutely love about this space is the blogging community. The amount of support and positive attitudes is just amazing. I keep on meeting beautiful women who are artists, crafters, writers, Mom, students, designers whose hearts I absolutely love.
Here is another reason why...
My blog was nominated for a Liebster Award by Michelle at Miabella. The Liebster Award is nominated to blogs with less than 200 followers to help promote them.
1) Nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them
2) If nominated, write 11 Random Facts' about yourself!
3) Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you wrote for you
4) Come up with 11 new questions to be answered by 11 new nominees
A Few Fun Facts About Me:
1. I hate scary movies.
2. I am getting the desire to travel back to Ireland with my kids when they are older.
3. My passions are social justice for those living in poverty in the inner city and photography.
4. My favorite time of day to photograph is at dusk: the magic hour.
5. I am in the market for a macro lens for m birthday.
6. My favorite TV show is Parenthood.
7. My daughter and son are 2 awesome little creatures.
8. I love yoga.
9. Farmer's Markets are awesome!
10. I want to live an inspired life.
11. This blog was named after a Mary Oliver Poem.
Questions from Michelle:
1) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The community and using this blog as a creative platform for my life as an artist.
2) What are the blogs that give you the most inspiration?
Enjoying the Small Things-www.kellehampton.com
3) If you could meet one blogger in real life, who would it be?
Kelle Hampton from Enjoying the Little Things
4) If you could master any skill, what would it be?
Hoop dancing or acroyoga
5) Who is your celebrity crush?
6) Define your perfect day (weather, activities, time of the year...)
Perfect day: Yoga class, Cardamom Soy Latte from Foundation Grounds, 60 degree weather, independent gallery visits, thrift store shopping, and dinner at a fun restaurant
7) What's one thing that makes you CRINGE?
When people cannot take responsibility for their actions.
8) What's your all-time favorite food or recipe?
I love Hummus and Flaffel Sandwiches!!
9) What do you think is your best accomplishment?
Marrying Luke. He's a keeper.
10) Are others' thoughts of you important to you? Why or why not?
it is good to be aware of how you are perceived by people, but not become obsessed
With your reputation. It's more about having good character.
11) What was your most life-changing experience? _
Moving to Seattle, getting pregnant, then moving 2 weeks to St. Louis after giving birth.
So much change in one year!
Tomorrow I will nominate 11 new blogs that I love!