1. The first thing I did today was read chapter 11 of "Love Does." The following paragraph seriously energized me from here to eternity:
There is one invitation that would kill me to refuse, yet I am tempted to turn it down all the time. I get the invitation every morning when I wake up to actually live a life full of complete engagement, a life of whimsy, a life where love does. It doesn't come in an envelope. It's ushered in at sunrise, the sound of a bird, or the smell of coffee drifting lazily from the kitchen. It's the invitation to actually live, to fully participate in this amazing life for one more day. Nobody turns down the invitation to the White House, but I've seen plenty of people turn down an invitation to fully live.
Turning down this invitation comes in lots of flavors. It looks like numbing yourself or distracting yourself or seeing something really beautiful just as normal. It can also look like refusing to forgive or not being grateful with fear and envy. I think every day God sends us an invitation to live and sometimes we forget to show up or get head-faked into thinking we haven't really been invited. But, you see- we have been invited-everyday, all over again.
2. I felt exhausted this morning from a night of fun late pregnancy discomfort issues, but after reading the above passage, I went to my favorite weekly yoga class. God, that class is just amazing. The movements are getting harder on my body, but showing up knowing that my body was not fully rested and dehydrated and meeting myself at that point was really therapeutic for me. I stretched and squatted to the best of my ability for 75 minutes and almost fell asleep during the shavasana section. Then I went home, put Shyla down for a nap, drank water, and took the best 20 minute power nap I have never had in my life.
3. Then, I got this new piece of flair from Owl Eye Vintage. Funny story, I was being a pregnant insomniac last night and found Sarah's Etsy store via Casey Wiegand's blog and found out she lived in St. Louis. This made me extremely excited for several reasons. So I met her in person to pick up this piece. A giveaway and blog sponsorship is in the works for 2013. Her stuff is beautiful! I love fun future collaborations in the name of creativity!
|CameraBag App, Filter: 1974|
4. Got to hang out with my friend Lauren from church who thankfully gave Shyla a gift bag of cutie oranges. Oranges in gift bags look pretty.
|Camera Bag App, Filter: Helga|
5. I am 37 weeks pregnant today!!! Asher is full term.