Connect!

Follow

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Making 2014 Count: January and February Goals




After sitting in my friend Brooke's apartment last night and reading her goals for the year 2013, I was inspired to write my own dreams list for the year.   But then I was like slow down there! See, my therapist  and I are working through ways to write reasonable goals that I can realistically achieve each month.  These goals are simple but behavioral.  They are the kind of actions I need to take to attain my dreams, which to be honest, I am not really sure what my current dreams are at this point in my life. But I am excited to find out as I slowly make the changes I need to achieve my January goals while slowly praying about my February Goals. For me, writing out my goals and talking about them makes them real to me.  If I don't talk about them or write about them in my day to day life then they are just one of a million ideas running through my brain, which I am on record for having absolutely no problem coming up with new ideas and forgetting about them. My goals have to be present with me, not only in my behavior but in my very lexicon. So here we go...

January Goals:
1. Update budget every other day
2. Plug my phone and iPad in every night before I go to bed
3. Put creativity back into family dinners: pre-plan the weekly dinner menu with Luke

Here are the goals I am developing for February:
1. Complete my "Intro to Fine Art Fashion Photography" class
2. Finish setting up the kid's room in the basement
3. Make a new professional connection in the world of Assistive technology (hopefully a new software developer)


No comments: