Connect!

Follow

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Instagram Moments

  I love sharing life and photos on instagram to connect (not compare) life experiences.  You can follow me @juliejay00 (those  are 2 zeros)


Life is a collection of a million, billion moments, tiny little moments and choices, like a handful of luminous, glowing pearl. It takes so much time, and so much work, and those beads and moments are so small, and so much less fabulous and dramatic than the movies.But this is what I’m finding, in glimpses and flashes: this is it. This is it, in the best possible way. That thing I’m waiting for, that adventure, that move-score-worthy experience unfolding gracefully. This is it. Normal, daily life ticking by on our streets and sidewalks, in our houses and apartments, in our beds and at our dinner tables, in our dreams and prayers and fights and secrets – this pedestrian life is the most precious thing any of use will ever experience.”  -Shauna Niequist, Cold Tangerines






I love looking at my Instagram Photo Collections on weeks like this, where frustrating news is just all around.    However, while frustrating, I have a litte app at my finger tips called Instagram that gives me snap shots of the little moments and beautiful things that I see in a day that I absolutely love.  I love this app and blog so I have a place to refer back to when my brain is stuck.  It is a known fact that when I have breaks between clients at work, I often take photos of cool, colorful things I see in the community I am in at that moment.  
I need those creative bursts of energy to keep giving me the energy to think collaboratively and creatively as an education consultant, but also as a mother.  They are like my own mini creative sessions within my work day.  One photograph of a sidewalk bursting with the color of chalk and street art can gives me the mental energy to keep pushing forward.

No comments: