Connect!

Follow

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Urban Family 2.0


So I was at the grocery store on Thursday after a rough day.  I was rummaging around the produce aisle and decided I was in the mood for root vegetables.  Anyway, I ended up having a hey day photographing them during the "magic hour" (dusk).

Anyway, it got me thinking about this magical time of year where the weather gets warmer, people start to come out of their winter hibernation mode, bbqs happen, the things that took root a year ago regenerate.

Anyway, about a year and a half ago some friends and I started an art collective called the Urban Family Community Co-Op.  We put on hip hop and art workshops around the St. Louis area.  Anyway, life happened..I got pregnant.  We bought a house, etc and the group sort of took a back seat to other life situations for a bit.  Well as Luke would say  "we are getting the band back together."
A few of us are going to start to get together to create for the sake of creation outdoors, my house, your house, your backyard, St. Louis, Kansas City...wherever.

This time--we will start small by setting time to come together to just create whatever it is your create.

More to come on this one.

No comments: