Connect!

Follow

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Artist Networking: 5 Things I Have Learned from Lifestyle and Art Blogging



Last night my friend Michelle pulled me out of my weekly routine and had me attend an Artist Social at Soulard Art Market through Art Dimensions, a not-for-profit arts organization that I am a part of .  Last night this great artist named Andre Tourette talked about his work and how he networks.  He talked quite a bit about networking and selling his artwork online and it reminded me of all the things I have learned about creating this blog.  So I am going to share those things here:

1. Having a blog dedicated to my creative initiatives holds me accountable to taking the time to create.
2. No one knows my blog exists unless I network it via Social Networking sites and in person. I use twitter, facebook, and Google+
3. Commenting on other blogs and finding "blog friends" who inspire you is one of the best business moves you can make.  Cross promoting is just a fantastic gift from another blogger. Make a blog button and button swap!!!
4. Variety is the spice of life.  Mix up your content.  Don't do the same thing over and over again. This makes your artwork/writing more relevant as well.  I like to write and photograph food, art, streets, scenes, and some of my diy projects.  I literally love to photograph my lifestyle (hints the name "lifestyle blog.")
5. Post a few times a week to continue to make yourself relevant.  To quote Austin Kleon  "you are only as relevant as your most recent post."

If you would like more information on this, you are more then welcome to e-mail me at julieann.johnson00@gmail.com or comment below.


No comments: