Connect!

Follow

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Slides Through the Brain and Goes Straight to the Heart.(images via Paper by 53)

"The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart."
-Maya Angelou

This quote stayed with me all day today.  I sketched on the Paper by 53 app this morning as I thought about this beautiful Maya Angelou quote.  This whole blog was created because of the depth that sometimes I feel life. I had been having issues with my artistic outlets since I got pregnant with Asher.
I am one of those people that feels life so much that the intensity can be too much at times (see last 2 months of blog entries, please).  However, I am also one of those people that can feel so much beauty at one time that it needs to go somewhere so it inspires someone else who feels life at the depth of submarine.  That is why this blog exists.  That is why I write. Thank you for reminding me of that Queen Maya Angelou.


This was my 3rd sketch on the Paper by 53 app.  To be honest, I am still learning to become more familiar with it.  I bought the "Essentials" kit in the App Store.  I love playing with the watercolor pen feature in the tools. I also loved that   you could add more pages to your sketchbook and immediately share them on Tumblr, Facebook, Email, or Twitter.  In this photo I mostly used to the marker and watercolor pen features.

I was trying to become more savvy with the watercolor features of the app on this blog.  I love show smooth the water colors fus together with the pen, ink, and watecolor techniques..Again, this app is going to take some getting used to on my end.  But I am really loving the various tools available as I continue to emerge using this very fun iPad app for drawing.  I wish there was a zoom feature and a few more options for darkening the photos.  Please get this app.  It make sketching so much more enjoyable.  However, it still doesn't beat the scent of real paper and pencil.--Nothing does.

No comments: