Connect!

Follow

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Mary Oliver Love-Last Entry for 2012

We move into OUR new house tomorrow.  Today was full of packing, more carrying boxes, more packing, cuddling Shyla, and then some designing. Photographing and designing for this blog is my refuge and outlet. It felt fulfilling in the midst of a hectic holiday season, pregnancy, and house purchasing.

This will be my last post until 2013. I was redesigning the blog banner and remembering how I came up with the name "Life Astonished" for a blog. It made me go back to my favorite Mary Oliver quote:

"Pay Attention. Be Astonished. Tell About It." That is the energy of the blog that will continue on into 2013.

On January 1st, I am going to be joining Elsie Larson's daily challenge from her blog Beautiful Mess and attempt to take one self-portrait a day in 2013 (along with a bajillion photos of Asher.  You can bet money on that).  I hope you join me in this venture and share your photos on the Life Astonished Facebook Wall.

The camera will continue to be my lens to the astonishing things we experience living such ordinary lives. Thank you Mary Oliver for reminding us to attempt to be astonishing every single day.

Happy New Year