Connect!

Follow

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Go Big or Go Home

Today I made my way through another few chapters of Love Does as our whole family relaxed, went to church, made a fun meal, and just rested on Christmas eve. Here is one of my favorite excerpts from today's reading and is inspiring my hope and heart for 2013.

"It would seem that God finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered to us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at sea. We are far too easily pleased. "-page 90

Every year I always say Christmas is going to be what it needs to be. No need to force happiness and cheer when you are just trying to survive (I have to say that is what Christmas has been for us so so so many times in years passed, especially in 2009 and 2010). This year it is praying about having the courage to take the next step into God's story for the life of this family. New baby. New House. New Hope. Next Chapter...

My heart tells me this next chapter is about "going big or going home" as my friend Michaela always says. For me it's about using this blog, my love for photography, art, and connection to further my own inspiration and learn about how others are following similar paths through their creations and storytelling. The sky is the limit when it comes to God, creativity, art, and connection. It is also about sharing the big love that exists in this family with friends through more get togethers, one on one coffee time, and presence. This is not to assume, this isn't always a priority. In actuality, it is how I function and get by. 2013 we live big, love big, or go back to making our mud pies in the slums.

Christmas Morning Prettiness