Connect!

Follow

Monday, November 26, 2012

Oils, Soul Books, Bags, and Teas-The Things That Are Keeping MeInspired and Focused On the BIgger Picture

You know those bags that you just keep dreaming about. I did just that with this one. I found this bag on Etsy a year ago and vowed to get. Well this year, here it is. Early Merry Christmas from Luke.




http://www.etsy.com/listing/75738895/christmas-sale-15-off-fortuner-in-dark?ref=cat1_gallery_35


Mary Oliver's New Work: Her work makes me so ridiculously happy and accomplished. I read the whole thing a weekend.








Anne Lamott's new book. Seriously...cannot say enough about how I think her writing is the reason I even understand the concept of grace to begin with. I know her humor and her beautiful, descriptive writing feel good to read after a long day in the world of education, social services, and parenting.




This soup is so fantastic. What's not to love: Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup




Sprouted Designs

I have spent a great deal of money on this local St. Louis Artists Etsy Page. Amanda Gray-Swain is the screen printing artist. Her she puts her beautiful designs on scarves, pillows, napkins, baby onesies. I actually drag Shyla to craft shows just so I can see her new works. I would also like to add that Amanda donated some of her gift cards to: https://www.facebook.com/HolidayHopefor11q?ref=ts&fref=ts


http://www.etsy.com/shop/SproutedDesigns

Roll On Lavender Oil from Whole Foods or Trader Joe's

During a recent trip to Whole Foods, one of my lovely friends pointed this beautiful invention out to me. I LOVE this thing. I keep it in my purse and roll it on especially when I am starting to feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. The smell of lavender reminds me of yoga, special times with one of my close friends, massages, and beautiful textile art.





Aveda Comforting Tea

I LOVE this tea. I absolutely love it. It it is the highlight of my day. It smells and tastes like coziness. The salon I go to always gives this to me while I get my haircut. It makes the hair cutting experience even more like a mini vacation...that I can take home in a box/ bottle.

No comments: