1. A picnic table for our kitchen table. As Luke and I continue to have more people coming over to celebrate, I really want to get a table that resembles the spirit of togetherness and life that exists in our family and house. I think picnic tables do just that.
2. Renaissance Soul: Read the last few posts and you will know why I LOVE this book.
3. Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist: God I canNOT wait to review this book on the website here and reveal some yummy food that was created at a recent dinner party from this book!!! This book is Shauna's Love Story to gathering around the table! Shauna's heart and story is one of reasons I want to get a picnic table.
4. Macro Lens: I was telling my friend the other day that I have noticed my photography style changing from a documentary style to more of an abstract-relational style of photography. I am falling in love with photographing details. I love to photograph the details of people's faces, clothes, etc. In my self-portraits I have noticed myself wanting to capture the nitty gritty details of the aspects of myself that make up a whole. So for my birthday, I am buying myself a macro lens to fully capture this new visual style.
5. Patti Smith. I just love Patti Smith. Her vivacious spirit and proactive lyrics just make life better. I have been listening so much of her music over the course of my maternity leave. I just love her creativity.
“I refuse to believe that Hendrix had the last possessed hand,
that Joplin had the last drunken throat,
that Morrison had the last enlightened mind.”